Adoption events are PAUSED till October of 2021 due to having a few dogs available for adoption (Not enough to hold an adoption event) and other adult dogs and young puppies that are still under preparation for adoption and will be ready in October of 2021.
We will also continue to conduct private meets and greets during the weekdays at our corporate office in San Bernardino for the approved applicants (No walk-ins). The administrative office of PetEmber is not a shelter facility. PetEmber is a foster-based animal rescue. We safely transport each individual rescue dog from a foster home to our office for the scheduled meet and greet with the approved adopter.
- The adoption application must be filled online. You must be approved by the rescue in order to be scheduled for a meet and greet. If you submit an adoption application, you will be sent an automatic reply confirming the receipt of your application and instructions of the next steps towards the adoption. Some of our applicants happen to receive the confirmation email in their unmonitored mail. Please check regularly the updates and feeds in your email. If you do not receive any confirmation, this means that your application was not successfully submitted and you will need to resubmit your application again. Please submit your application before the site session ends.
-It is not mandatory anymore to wear your mask during a scheduled meet and greet if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
-Please do not show up to a scheduled meet and greet if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 such as Fever.
- It is important to sanitize your hands before touching any rescue whether it is in an event or in a private meet and greet.
- You will be given plenty of time to interact with the animal you are approved to adopt at the time of the meet and greet.
- If you decide to proceed forward with the adoption at the time of the meet and greet, you will be asked to sign an adoption agreement and pay the adoption fee.
- Take home will be same day.
- All copies of the health record for the animal + the adoption agreement will be handed to the adopter on-site at the time of the adoption.
- Since COVID-19 guidelines are lifted, PetEmber is coming back to conduct home checks to make sure that the adopted animal will be living comfortably and away from any hazards.